Monday, July 11, 2011

Why we love camp

I'm sure that some people are wondering why camp means so much to the youth. I say that because I've asked that question many times myself, and God has recently blessed me with an answer.
We love camp so much because it gives us a time to fellowship with each other and many other people who love God just as much as we do.
It's a time where we can let things off our chest to our brothers and sisters in Christ. It helps us realize that we are not alone in our beliefs, because at school, sometimes you honestly feel like you are. It gives us a week to just get away from everyday life and enjoy ourselves and grow closer as a family, because we are, and a family shares its pains, joys, and burdens. It helps us to broaden our views of Christ, and gives us a chance to examine our lives and center them around God.
Basically, camp is our one week where we have us, our God, and northing else.

Josh Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment