Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Camp is just hours away...

Okay, I realize that by posting this I reveal that I am just as bad as the students.  It's 2:50 in the morning right now and I can't get to sleep.  I've tried everything I can think of but I am way to excited about camp this year.

We have 28 students attending camp.  That is the most students I have ever brought to camp.
We also have 6 chaperones (plus one driver!) that will be joining us for camp which brings our total number to 35!!!

As most of you know I had a little run in with a broken toilet that left me with 20 stitches in my left arm.  I'm feeling fine right now, but unfortunately it made it so that I couldn't drive the new church bus.  I will still be going to camp, but I just wasn't able to safely drive that size of a vehicle with stitches in my left wrist.  Thankfully Bro. Byron has stepped up and is willing to drive us down.  I cannot thank you enough Bro. B for helping us.  Please take some time to thank Byron.  Before I could even ask him, he already offered to take us down!

My injury has brought me some good news and bad news.  The bad news is that I won't be able to participate in many of the physical activities (i.e. blobbing).  I also know that we have 2 men that are more than capable to fill my place when it comes to blobbing!

The good news:  I will be able to do more on here!  You will have more updates as well as more pics of your kids on here.  Also, I have started a new youtube channel that will have camp videos of our students.  Soon you will actually get to see video of your students!

I'll try to update this as much as possible!  You can see that even though I have a slight injury I can still type.

Also a new feature...  We will be having guest bloggers this week!  You guys will get sick of hearing from me everyday so I will be picking random campers/chaperones to write a guest post from their point of view!

So now is the time to start praying!  Pray for our students, pray for our chaperones, pray for our drivers, pray for the camp workers, and most importantly, pray that God's name will be glorified this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment