Monday, July 5, 2010

Camp Day 1 - We're Here!!!!!!!



Hey Everyone,

After 5 hours in church vans and a couple of potty breaks we have finally made it to Jonathan Creek. The kids were super pumped and ready for an awesome week. Continue to pray for us that 1. We stay healthy and safe and 2. Lives will be changed this week.

Today is Miss Leah Painter's birthday and the staff had a wonderful surprise for her. During dinner they got a Mexican hat and poncho and decorated Leah for her birthday song.

Did I mention it was in front of 200 campers? They sang and then made her do a mexican hat dance.

I do have an important point for anybody that needs to get in contact with me. My phone service is not doing so well down here so if you need to get a hold of me call me on my sister Emily's phone (I have it) at 859-750-1700. I am so sorry about the change but I would feel more comfortable having a phone that has a more dependable service to it.

So to sum up... van rides + 5 hours trip + prayer + mexican hat dance + wacky photos = awesome 1st day of camp.

I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment