Monday, April 30, 2012

My Child Revelation

This post is about something God revealed to me yesterday.

I got some unexpected to myself.  I had been around a lot of distractions that were taking my focus off of God.  To make a long story short, I knew that I needed to take this time and just talk with God.

I started praying for specific youth and then I started praying about myself.

A great conviction came over me.  In the past couple of weeks I had done one-sided prayers.  I had been so distracted and "busy" that I had a hard time actually hearing what God had to say.  During this time I was reminded of how Elijah waited for God.

God is completely all-powerful.  I think sometimes we say this and believe it.  But then we get an unhealthy view of our life.  With prayer, we begin to think of God as one who serves us.  Our prayers become lists of empty words and requests.

So I started to pray differently.

I just stopped talking.  I didn't say anything.  I cleared my mind of all my thoughts.  I just waited.

I waited to hear God.  I no longer was in control of the prayer.  I put my prayer in God's hands.  I just waited for Him to move.

And then something amazing happen.  Two words came into my head.  I didn't hear the physical voice of God saying these two words, but I knew God was speaking to me.  He only said two words and it radically changed my night.

"My child".

I knew that God was my Father and I knew I was His child.  But to be honest I spent more time of thinking God as my Father than the other way around.  I knew God as my Father, but I never spent much time thinking that God viewed me as His child.

On the surface it doesn't sound like a big difference.  God is my Father and I am His child sounds like the same thing.  But last night, something deeper was revealed about this relationship.

I am a child of God.  I am loved.  I am cherished and cared for.

The feeling that I got last night was relief.  I am His!  After hearing this I broke down.  All of the distractions and walls I had been putting up the past couple of weeks soon fell down.  I was a helpless child and I found comfort in that.

Yes God is my Father and I can go to Him for anything.  But I am also His child.  I'm not just a child.  I am His child. 

He knows my heart and loves me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment